Thursday, January 10, 2008

trying to stay hopeful

Good news: I am definitely pregnant!
Bad news: my numbers are low :(

So here I am, in limbo once again. I promise my husband this morning that I am going to take a whole new approach with this pregnancy. I am going to enjoy it instead of worrying. I am going to allow myself excitement and joy and hope. I am going to expect only good news from every blood test and every ultra-sound.

But then an hour later I get not-so-good news. The results from yesterday's blood test are in. My progesterone is 17 and my hcg is 31. The nurse tries to reassure me that I am not even four weeks pregnant and that could be the reason for the low numbers. But she does say that 31 is not a great number. And these are the words still swimming through my head.

I am immediately in tears. Why is the news never good? I am terrified to be hopeful. I am terrified to love this new baby not knowing if this is one I get to keep.

My blood will be drawn again tomorrow morning and I should have the results by noon. More waiting.

In the meantime I guess I'll just keep peeing on sticks.

1 comment:

Ariella said...

I am going to tell you something those nurses many times don't want us to know. Low numbers, as long as they double, can mean healthy pregnancies. Go check out baby twiglet whose beta was 17!!!! And is now in the 2nd tri!http://babytwiglet.blogspot.com/

Please know low betas can turn into healthy prenganices. Your in my thoughts and prayers.