Sunday, January 6, 2008

do dreams come true?

Don't be confused by my cheesy subject line. I am not referring to the cliche. I am asking this question in the most literal sense of it. And I will have an answer in the next few days.

I've recently heard that dreaming of becoming pregnant is an actual symptom of being pregnant! Which is very exciting to me considering I have had -- not one but TWO -- of these such dreams.

The first dream takes place in my classroom, which is also my bedroom (aren't dreams always that way!??) I tell the kids to hang on a minute so I can use the bathroom (this would never actually happen in real life.) I take my pregnancy test into my master bathroom and then I have to wait the 3 minutes to see if there is a line. I can hear the kids getting wild in my bedroom/classroom, but I can't stop myself from waiting it out in the bathroom. And then...two lines!! I'm pregnant!! I no longer care that the kids are out of control like a pack of wild wolves.

The next dream is a reflection of the amount of time my husband and I have recently devoted to watching episodes of "The Office." We discover this show over Christmas and have watched all four seasons over the past few weeks. I think this equates to about 50 episodes or something.

Anyway, in my dream we work for the same company and are at a big business dinner. The dinner is some sort of cross between a huge company awards party and a convention for women trying to get pregnant. My husband and I are not sitting at the same table but I see him -- dressed in his nicest suit -- from across the room. Right before the dinner, I go to the bathroom and take a pregnancy test. Two lines show up immediately. I am so excited!!!

During the awards ceremony I am congratulated and given flowers for my recent discovery. This is how my husband learns of our news. I try to find his face to see his reaction. I hope he isn't disappointed to not be the first to know. (Last time his best friend's wife saw my post on BOTB before I even had a chance to tell him)

We are also both awarded with big bonuses.

Do you think that's a symptom of a raise?

No comments: