Friday, February 15, 2008

our baby waves at us!

It is the most magical moment. We actually see its tiny little foot and its tiny little hand. And it is waving at us! All I can do is smile and laugh and smile some more. There is a real little person growing inside of me. And it is alive and moving. I hear the ultra-sound technician use the term "strong fetal heartrate" and it is music to my ears. I know that 179 is a very good number for 9 weeks. And did I mention the baby is measuring ahead two days. Now that is a first!!

The nurse tells us that the chances of a miscarriage at this point are very minuscule. Of course it's never 100%. But her confidence in our baby brings me confidence.

I am confident enough to slip this picture in a valentine card and send it off to my parents and grandparents immediately. This is how we tell them the news. They, of course, are over the moon.

And so are we!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. I check your blog daily and couldn't be happier to read how overjoyed you are. Congratulations!

Katie said...

I'm so excited to see your little bean and beyond excited for you and your hubby. Congratulations again!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

Congratulations to you both! How very exciting.