Wednesday, February 20, 2008

baby dream

My dream last night is vivid and clear. I have just had a baby. And it's a girl! She has straight golden brown hair and Irish coloring just like her father. She does not look like a newborn, though. She is older and bigger. She is heavy and it takes effort to lift her. But she is beautiful and happy and I love her.

I have no diapers and no clothes for her, though. So she spends the night with my friends who just had a baby of their own. We live in some sort of dorm and they are just down the hall. I head over in the morning to change her diaper and the two babies have already been changed by my friend's husband and are playing together.

I bring my daughter back home and invite my mother and mother-in-law over to meet her. She comes down the hall waving to her grandmothers! I head to Target to buy diapers and clothes and am overwhelmed by the number of diaper choices. I am standing in the aisle trying to understand why I can't remember her birth and whether or not I breast-fed immediately after.

I wake up to and roll over to face my husband and say, "honey, we're having a girl!!!!"

I'm 50% sure that I'm right.

No comments: