Monday, June 30, 2008

June 30

My husband and I got married one year ago today. Funny how much can happen in one year. We created a life, celebrated a life, lost a life, mourned a life, created another life and celebrated once again. And we held onto each other through all of it. Living our vows.

My body has literally grown another person inside of it. As I look down at my belly, I laugh at the thought of fitting into my wedding gown. Or any of the cute dresses and lingerie I brought along on our honeymoon last summer. I remember climbing the mountains in Switzerland and drinking glass after glass of red wine in the villages. We were young and innocent, and we didn't have a care in the world.  

Those days are behind us now, leaving only a faded trail of the sweet memory. We've grown (and not just my belly.) We've learned. We've experienced.

I tell my husband yesterday that we are no longer newlyweds. He agrees. We've lost that title. 

But we are about to take on a new title. Young parents. Mommy. Daddy. Family. I've never been more excited. And I've never felt more blessed than to share this incredible adventure with the man I said "I do" to. 

Because I still do. 

Even more than I did then.

4 comments:

Shanny said...

Aww, happy anniversary!!!

K-tell said...

Happy Anniversary!! Have fun watching your wedding video tonight!!

Wifezzilla said...

Happy Anniversary, your wedding looked gorgeous!

LHD said...

a bit late but happy anniversary! you've come a long way! :-)