Monday, September 22, 2008

who are you and who will you be

3 days overdue

Who are you and who will you be?
A man like your daddy or a lady like me?
Will you like fairies and flowers,
Or train tracks and cars?
Will you run and chase butterflies
Will you be wowed by the stars? 

Do you know that I dream about you?
Do you know that I pray
For you, sweet little baby
Every single day?

Who are you and who will you be?
A comedian like your daddy or a giggler like me?
What will you look like?
What will you love?
Will you know that you are the sweetest gift from above?

Will you know how you've made your daddy a man?
Will you know that you've changed him?
Will you understand?

Will you know what you've taught me?
Will you know what I've learned?
Will you know that the road I was on
Has forever been turned?

Who are you and who will you be?
An athlete like Daddy or a writer like me?
What will you smell like?
How will you sound?
Will you know of the joy me and Daddy have found?

Do you know Mommy's voice?
Can you feel my touch?
Do you know you are loved?
Do you know just how much?

Do you know Daddy's kisses?
Can you hear his sweet song?
Do you know we've been waiting
For you for so long?

Who are you and who will you be?

And what are you waiting for,
Sweet little baby?


1 comment:

Me on Metatrophin said...

Except for the belly, you are tiny! Bet you'll be in Labor in the wee hours of tomorrow morning....