Friday, September 12, 2008

bring on the pain

39 weeks

I wake up every morning wondering Is today the day??? I wonder if my body will ever do what it's supposed to do and actually go into labor. I pray that every strange tightening and every little cramp gets stronger. I pray for my water to break so at least I'll know. I pray for the pain. I've never wanted anything so bad in my life. BRING IT ON!!!

I take back everything I said in my last post. This waiting is for the birds. It's funny to think back to a year ago when all I wanted was to be pregnant and stay pregnant. Well guess what -- I've now been pregnant for an entire year (minus one month) and I don't want to be pregnant anymore for another day! I want this baby OUT!!!!

Just for fun -- and because I am feeling the need to complain a little bit -- here is a list of things I will not miss about being pregnant:
*heartburn
*a squished bladder
*peeing my pants
*bending over
*weighing almost as much as my husband
*national geographic boobs
*trying to roll over in bed
*kegels
*round ligament pain
*difficulty breathing
*backaches
*pregnancy brain
*waiting, waiting, waiting


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a new mom, I can tell you... the end of pregnancy doesn't signal the end of peeing your pants, national geographic boobs, kegels, backaches, or pregnancy brain (now called "mommy brain") :)

But it's all much more fun with a baby in tow!