Sunday, April 20, 2008

18 week ultrasound

Our baby is perfect -- 10 little fingers and 10 little toes and a strong beautiful heartbeat. We get to see it all. The only thing we don't see is the "region." I mean to try to sneak a peak but I am so focused on that beautiful beating heart, my eyes don't get there quick enough and the technician quickly zooms away. My gut has been saying girl all along but for some reason, I'm starting to think boy. When I look at this picture, I just see a "he." Who knows? What do you think?

I do have one minor problem. Apparently the placenta is a little too close to my cervix (low-lying placenta) which could potentially turn into placenta previa. She assures us that 99% of the time, the problem corrects itself. And in the worst case scenerio I would have to deliver via c-section. It's not what I've been envisioning, but I can live with it. As long as our baby is ok, I can live with anything else.

The good news is I get to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks to see if the problem has corrected itself. I won't complain about that!

No comments: