Saturday, March 8, 2008

12 weeks!



What a milestone! Our appointment yesterday is wonderful. Of course I am nervous and the ultra-sound tech immediately points out the heartbeat. 167 and strong! The baby is upside-down and sleeping at first. The tech pushes on my belly a little bit and wallah -- the baby is awake! It flips over and starts swimming around all over the place. And it keeps waving at us. Yes, those are its tiny little fingers in the air. So of course I wave right back! My husband and I are glued to the screen and we are both smiling ear to ear. She takes all the measurements and tells us the everything looks perfect! Music to my ears.

Later I ask my doctor our chances of a miscarriage now and her exact words are, "very very unlikely." More music.

Enough music, in fact, that I've been dancing ever since.

2 comments:

LHD said...

i found you during my obsessive internet search on dealing w/ a miscarriage. your story is inspiring as we hope to get pregnant again as soon as possible.

i had the dreadful appt on friday after being crampy for 1.5 days. we went to doc to find no heartbeat. we had a d&c later that day.

i feel fine but i think i'm ignoring the healing part so figured i'd see how other ladies are dealing with it. i've enjoyed reading and am bookmarking you for the future.

good luck w/ your 2nd trimester and 3rd and for a happy and healthy baby!

letters_and_soda at hotmail dot com
lynda

Michelle said...

I stumbled across your blog while doing my usual stalking/searching on The Knot. When I found it I was pregnant at the time and read your ENTIRE blog, start to finish, crying my eyes out.

I've never miscarried however I was told by my many doctors that I would never be able to conceive.
I'm blessed to say that my husband and I welcomed our son into the world on February 21st, 2008.

I wanted to let you know that you and your blog have touched me and have brought me to tears many times. You're a very strong person and I admire you. I pray that your pregnancy continues to be a healthy one and look forward to seeing the next ultrasound, which will probably confirm that you're having a little girl. :)

Believe me, you're in for the ride of your life now! You're going to start showing soon. The 2nd trimester was pure bliss for me. Revel in it!

You, your husband, and your little bundle of joy are in my prayers.

Thank you for sharing your story!