Monday, August 18, 2008

a wedding adventure

35 weeks

My college roommate (and friend of 10+ years) got married this weekend!! 

The wedding is eventful to say the least, and includes a trip to the ER. No, the emergency isn't for me (although I think people are wondering when they see the size of my belly!) But I win the prize of being the only one sober enough to drive -- oh the joys of being the pregnant girl. I think someone at the wedding actually uses the term "severely pregnant." I actually kind of like that.

It is quite the scene getting to the hospital. Picture a "severely" pregnant woman (who forgets her glasses and can't see and has no idea where she is going) behind the wheel next to her very drunk friend with a sprained ankle and their two 6+ feet tall husbands squeezed in the backseat with a freshly installed car seat stuck between them. I wish I got a photo of that!

Somehow we make it back to the wedding in time to hit the dance floor before it the night is over. I think our baby loves to boogie! 

The next day my husband and I head out for a family day at the beach. Can I get any bigger???

1 comment:

K-tell said...

OK, your bump is just too awesome. This picture needs printed out and stuck in your baby's baby book!

Go you for rockin' the mom-mobile to the ER.