Wednesday, May 14, 2008

the first kicks

I've been feeling little flutters for a few weeks now but I wasn't completely sure if they were just a phigmant of my imagination or if they were really truly happening. What if I was just willing them to happen because I wanted to feel them so badly.

But two nights ago I reach a real milestone. It is bedtime and my husband is singing to my belly once again. Have I mentioned yet how completely obsessed he is with my growing belly??? Anyway he starts singing and I feel something. Or at least I think I do. So I place his hand over my belly and the next thing I know he is gasping and laughing and sitting straight up in bed saying over and over and over again, "I feel it! I feel it!" This happens 20 or so more times and his expression never loses that giant wide-eyed grin. It's one of the most incredible things I've ever shared with him.

I think this little baby loves daddy!!

2 comments:

Shanny said...

OMG, that is so great. Yay for little kicks!

Ariella said...

That is great that he felt them with you.